Monday, 17 May 2021

I am like you

 I am like you

I am no indifferent.

I too come from the land

Of the birth of religions

Just like you

My brothers and sisters.


I am like you

I don't eat cats and dogs

Stop calling me Chinese or Japanese.

I too am a true born Indian

with Indian blood

Just like you 

My brothers and sisters.


I am like you

Though I don't look

Or talk like you,

I see and speak 

Just like you

My brothers and sisters.


I am like you

I dwell with forests and mountains

But don't treat me like an ape man,

I too enjoy equal benefits 

As any equal Indian

Just like you

My brothers and sisters.


Please,

Stop making us disappear

from your big cities

Please,

We will vanish sooner

than the Bengal Tiger

Please.


I am just like you

My brothers and sisters.


No comments:

Post a Comment